New Chapter have a wonderful team of Playground Leaders, who were chosen to help the provision of playground activities throughout the school year.
40 children from years 5 and 6 were appointed after applying for the roles. Selected by the PE Team, they support the provision of a variety of exciting and inclusive activities and games at break and lunchtimes throughout the year, to ensure that all children from all year groups can enjoy playing and working together.
As part of their role, the Playground Leaders work along side Mr Lewis and Mr Richardson to learn and develop key life skills such as teamwork, leadership, communication, collaborative learning and problem solving. Meeting regularly, they discuss which activities children enjoy, how they can be further developed and create new games to keep children engaged.
As part of their role, Playground Leaders encourage children to follow the Playground Code to ensure the playground is always both safe and fun.
NEW Chapter’s playground code
- Always treat others the way you would like to be treated;
- Never hurt anyone else by what you say or do;
- Stay out of the school building unless you need to use the toilet, medical room, or you’re going in to eat your lunch;
- Try to sort out problems by talking. If you can’t, tell an adult;
- Rough play is not allowed;
- Ball games are to be played on the top playground (except cuju);
- Walk quietly to and from lessons at the end and start of each break and lunch time;
- Enjoy playtime by trying to take part in one of the many activities;
- Be inclusive, allow all children to take part;
- Encourage others to join in if they are alone;
- Play fairly ensuring everyone is taking turns;
- Hands are for helping, not hurting.