At New Chapter our community code and core values underpin all that we do and are embedded across the school. These are regularly shared and discussed in Ethos and House assemblies, in curriculum and pastoral time and when we are following restorative practices when resolving problems.
LEARNING, LOVE AND LAUGHTER
HONESTY, INTEGRITY, EQUALITY, TOLERANCE, RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY AND KINDNESS
Each of these values are regularly discussed in Ethos assemblies, House assemblies, during Learning Life Skills lessons, circle time and as part of our Creative Curriculum themes.
These are the Learning Features which pupils strive to achieve:
- Being able to collaborate; (working effectively in a team)
- Being able to communicate; (getting ideas, thoughts and emotions across to others)
- Being independent; (being able to work without direction and guidance; thinking for oneself)
- Showing inquisitiveness; (wanting to finding things out, and to research answers)
- Showing perseverance; (to keep on going even if the going gets tough!)
- Showing resilience; (Being flexible and not getting down/sad but bouncing back and showing a growth mindset);
- Always being positive;
- Being able to reflect; (to think about, evaluate and analyse events, actions and information and identifying improvements or ways forward)
- Being resourceful; (to use what’s available; acting effectively or imaginatively);
- Being able to take calculated risks; (In order to succeed the chances of failure are calculated and actions are planned to increase the likelihood of success and reduce dangers or failure).